Sunday, July 7, 2013

Powder Blue Khaki Pants

I think my first date after the secret agent man was with a guy who was the stereotypical NYC, finance, I love myself so much type.

We met at Eataly on a Thursday night to get drinks at the rooftop beer garden. I gave him points for good selection.  When he got there, he didn't know where to find me, so I told him to stay where he was and I'd go to him. When I first saw him, I thought "you've got to be kidding me."  He was decked out in powder blue khaki pants, a polo, sunglasses, and white boat shoes.  Now, I have nothing against boat shoes...I own a pair myself, actually.  But, I knew this wasn't just a man who was fashion-forward...this guy was going to be a d-bag.

The rooftop bar was packed, so we decided to get some drinks and food at the seafood restaurant counter.  Right after we sat down, two people asked us if we could move over one seat so that they could sit next to each other.  I said sure, and moved one seat to my right.  He moved one seat to his left.  Realizing he had no intention of inconveniencing himself, I slid myself over to sit next to him. We talked for a long time, mainly about how smart he is, how he's so rich, how companies fight to have him work for them, etc. etc.  I

After that we moved on to another wine bar, where we split a bottle of wine and a Cuban sandwich. I had suggested the latter.  We had more of the same conversation, but I had a good buzz going, plus my food.  So, I was fine.  After that we moved on to another restaurant for dessert.  He suggested sharing something, but I wasn't willing to share my cheesecake.  So, we each got dessert and another drink and fortunately, I barely remember what we talked about.  After that I was done, so we split a cab uptown...he kissed me out of nowhere and then luckily we were at his stop. I didn't hear from him again, but I wasn't that disappointed.  At least I had gotten some good food out of the ordeal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment