Sunday, August 19, 2012

I'm Back

It's been a while since I wrote an entry so, as I sit here today, hungover from drinking many shots last night, I've decided that it's time to update you all on my love life. 

The last time I wrote I had been seeing a guy for about a month and things were actually going pretty well.  I guess I'll start with how that ended.

This guy was funny, cute, smart and seemed so sweet.  He would get in touch with me on a Monday to make plans with me for the weekend...he never let me pay for anything....he would email me in between dates just to say hi...I really liked him.  We went out on three dates within the course of three weeks and for our fourth date, I decided to invite him to my friend's birthday gathering at a local bar.  That Friday night we first went to dinner, which was a lot of fun and during which he spoke of us going to the beach together when the summer came.  I thought to myself, ok, he must like me if he's talking about hanging out several months from now.  After dinner, we went to my friend's birthday at the bar where he met a few of my friends and everyone seemed to like him.  I was so happy.  After the bar, I went back with him to his place.  The next day, things started to get weird.

That entire weekend I had continuing legal education courses that I had to attend.  So, I got up around 7 am Saturday morning at his place to go to class.  I was a little annoyed that he didn't get out of bed to walk me out of his apartment.  I got progressively annoyed as the weekend went on because he hadn't texted or called me to ask me how the class was going or just to say hey.  By Sunday night I was upset and worried that he wasn't going to speak to me again despite how great of a time we were having with each other.  But, around 9 pm that Sunday night, he finally texted me asking how the rest of my weekend was.  The next day at work, I expected an email or something asking me to go out again.  But, no such email came.  On Tuesday, he sent me an odd email simply asking how my week was going, but not asking to see me again.  I wrote back asking him what he was up to that week and he never responded.  At the end of the week, he wrote back to me stating that he didn't do anything during the week (I obvioulsy wondered why he didn't ask me to hang out then).  However, he did invite me out for bring some girlfriends to meet up with him and his friends for Cinco de Mayo drinking festivites. I knew something was up at this point, so I friended him on Facebook so that I could do some stalking research.  Turned out he had just gotten out of a five year long relationship about six months prior to our starting to date.  It all made sense me to then.

The following week, I emailed him to ask him if he wanted to get a drink one night.  My plan was to ask him what his deal was because while he had become distant, he was still sending me random one-liner emails.  Of course, he didn't have time to get a drink and by the end of the week he had sent me an email telling me that he really liked me, but was trying to work on things with his ex.

I got mixed advice from friends, but in the end I decided to reply to his email.  I stated that I knew something was up with his ex, which I had hoped to find out about over a drink and that I thought he was rude and disrespecful by leading me on and by not just telling me the truth from the get-go.  He responded that he was sorry and that he was so confused, etc etc.

That was the end of that.

Fast forward about two months....I was awoken on a Thursday night at 1:45 am to the sound of my phone ringing.  It was him.  I figured he accidentally dialed my number, so I silenced the call and went back to sleep.  Fifteen minutes later, he called again.  I silenced the call and went back to bed.  The next morning, I consulted my source of all important information - Facebook.  I saw that at around 2 am he checked in at a bar close to my apartment. I then knew the calls were no accident. 

So, I texted him that morning to thank him for the early wake up call.  He wrote back asking me if he could talk to me later that day.  I asked about what and he replied "just, everything..."  I have to say, I was pretty excited.  But, of course, he never called.  The next night, he texted me at 3 am asking if it was too late to call and if so, if he could call me tomorrow.  I told him to call me tomorrow.  By 10 pm that next day, he still hadn't contacted me so I decided to text him a friendly little message stating not to call or text me at 2 am in his drunken stupor.  He never responded.

And, that was really the end of that.